Presenters to our first online IFAW academic writing conference
We are grateful for your willingness to present on
July 7th, 2020 from 9:00 Jerusalem time
Here are important guidelines and information for attending the conference:
- The conference will be held online on 7.7.2020
- Today’s program will incorporate 2-3 keynotes by lecturers from Israel and abroad, as well as parallel sessions and joint online gatherings.
- The parallel sessions include:
- Each session has a chair who will be responsible for contacting and instructing the presenters
- The conference will be accessible to special needs populations
- The conference will be open to the public and will require pre-registration
- The presentations can be given in English or Hebrew.
- The conference program will be sent soon
- The fee for presenters from Israel is NIS 140
- The fee for presenters from abroad is US$ 40
- The fee and presentation of your research entitles you to a certificate of participation in an international academic conference
- You must register by the 31.5.2020 for approval of final participation and approval of your research presentation at the conference
- Presenters who do not register by 31.5.2020 will NOT appear in the conference program
- Registration for presenters from Israel will be done through the link: https://store.macam.ac.il/store/iun/ifaw2020-11
- Registration for presenters from abroad will be done via the link:
Guidelines for presenters – parallel sessions
- Each parallel session will have a free entry link through the conference program
- Each lecture will consist of a 10-minute Zoom presentation. If you wish to send the conference organizers your presentation beforehand, so that we may assist you on the conference case, please do so by June 21st, 2020
- The presentations should be sent to: email@example.com
- Each session will include three short presentations and an open Zoom QA discussion at the end of the session moderated by the chair (session host) and a technical co-host
- In addition, there will be a 10-minute session summary at the end of each session
- The length of each session will be 40 minutes
- Important! Attached please find the conference cover slide for the presentation. It can be added to the presentation or used as background during the video.
- Please find the attached presentation with tips for creating a quality online presentation
- Please ensure you keep your presentation to 10 minutes!
Guidelines for workshop presenters
- Workshop sessions will last 40 minutes and will include two 20-minute workshops in each session
- The workshops will be held via Zoom
- The workshop chair will be in touch with the workshop presenters prior to the conference
- Important! Please ensure that the workshop is interactive and is not just a lecture
- Important! Please ensure that the workshop is accompanied by videos / presentations / creative and visual elements that will be displayed in Zoom through “share screen”
- Important! Please ensure that during the workshop, the conference cover slide is projected onto a screen if possible (see attached slide)
Guidelines for poster presenters
- Each poster session will feature four posters, and each poster will be given time for QA with the audience – total session length 40 minutes.
- Poster viewers will be viewed through Zoom
- Each poster will be shown for 5 minutes, and at the end, a 5-minute time will be given for answering questions – giving a total of 10 minutes for each poster
- Important! Please keep precise show times
- The chair of the session will contact the poster presenters for more guidance and details before the conference date
- Important! Please remember that the poster is not a slide show, but only a single screen describing the research process and will only be displayed through ‘share screen’ through Zoom.
- Important! Please make sure that the poster is an infographic that is graphically clear and easily displayed online
- The poster can be created in any format that is optimized for Zoom
For technical assistance and further details, please email us at: IFAWiconference@gmail.com
IFAW Conference Comm